Director of Business Development
Raleigh, NC | Fully Remote
Allstacks is the first end-to-end software development analysis & intelligence platform used by enterprises to better deliver software.
While marketing, sales, operations, and finance leaders can all lean on their respective analytics platforms to drive growth, engineering and product teams have not had access to such a tool. Allstacks solves this by connecting all systems (e.g., JIRA, GitHub, Jenkins, Slack, etc.) used by software teams to predict when your software delivery is at risk and deliver metrics and reports that help you get back on track.
Allstacks algorithms analyze an organization’s development history and establish performance baselines. Management dashboards then provide visibility into how teams are operating, and our reports drive improvements by highlighting key risks and alerts.
What you’ll be working on
We are seeking a Director of Business Development to join our team. This person will help to continue to build and enhance our already productive BDR Organization. The role is an opportunity to co-create and iterate with a team of gifted sales professionals on a highly functioning outbound motion. We are a growing startup and are looking to continue to build a forward-thinking prospecting program with tons of room for your personal style.
Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Build a world-class sales and business development program which includes recruiting, training, and developing a team of BDRs.
- Iterating the sales development process, methodology, campaigns, hiring profiles, training, and enablement with respect to Allstacks Core Values.
- Ensure we efficiently and effectively qualify inbound demand as well as iterate on outbound strategies per region while leveraging digital and field marketing resources for particular campaigns
- Partner with the Sales and Marketing teams to develop campaigns that align with their regional goals based on a territory plan.
- Focus on the quality of opportunities without sacrificing quantity. The four core metrics this role should care about are the impact on the sales cycle, close rates, pipeline contribution, and average deal size.
- Develop BDRs in order to exceed goals through coaching, incentives, and career development. A successful candidate will be equal parts business manager and talent developer.
- Work closely with our product management team to ensure the BDR onboarding program and ongoing training is up-to-date on our current product offering as well as with Marketing and Sales to ensure BDR enablement is delivered to support key initiatives.
- Partner with revenue operations to ensure the BDR team has the best tools to do their job and that they are configured to ensure BDR efficiency and productivity, especially Hubspot and Salesloft.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in Business or Sales Development with a SaaS Company, preferably a startup
- Proven track record of delivering sales pipeline at large enterprise accounts and managing outbound prospecting teams.
- Background prospecting to key software development and engineering personas
- Success writing prospecting sequences for various sales development channels (Outbound, Marketing Events, ABM)
- Responsible for creating and iterating the sales development process, methodology, campaigns, hiring profiles, training, and enablement
- Experience leading and developing an outbound sales development team in a hyper-growth organization, preferably a series A to B startup.
- Power user of CRM and BDR cadence management software.
- Ability to drive cross-functional alignment and coordination across sales and marketing teams.
- Ability to attract, retain, and motivate exceptional BDRs.
- Have a general understanding of modern development practices.
- Broad knowledge of the application development tooling ecosystem.
- Awareness of industry trends in enterprise digital transformation, DevOps, and continuous integration.
Align closely with Allstacks' Core Values
Allstacks Core Values
- We are here to win. That will not change.
- Listen first and assume positive intent.
- Challenge and seek challenge.
- We can always help.
- Work with a sense of urgency.
- Be scrappy.
- Pick the hard right over the easy wrong.
- Own it.
- Don’t fail silently.
- Remember, we are human.
We’re building something our customers love and we are looking for great people to join the team. If you’re a great candidate, send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role, we love creative people who bring something new to the team. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Allstacks is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.