Content Marketing Manager
Preferably Austin, TX, or Raleigh, NC but we encourage remote work as well!
Allstacks is a Value Stream Intelligence Platform and we believe that strategic and collaborative software delivery is the core driver of business success. We’re hiring a Content Marketing Manager to help us grow awareness, traffic, signups, and usage of our product.
We’re on a mission to put reliable predictive intelligence in technology leaders’ hands in order to foster trust between teams, give engineering a strategic voice in the boardroom, and deliver software with confidence.
In support of that mission, we’ve been publishing educational content that helps software organizations understand the power of moving to a more intelligent, data-driven approach to building software. This includes our own thought leadership articles, product content, use cases, case studies, videos, articles on other websites, and more.
Ultimately, we want to become a valuable resource for software leaders regardless if they ever buy Allstacks. We also want to change the way we talk about and sell enterprise software which (we hope🤞) is reflected in our recent rebrand.
This is an opportunity for a creative marketer to own our content strategy and scale content production with two rules:
- Content should always add value
- Don’t take ourselves too seriously
About the Role
The Content Marketing Manager is part of the marketing team and handles the planning and production of our content calendar across all channels and mediums. The Content Marketing Manager will also work with a growing team of freelance writers, partners, and internal experts to collaborate on new topic ideas, article assignments, editing, optimizing, publishing, and promoting.
What you’ll be working on
- Work with the Head of Marketing to further establish our editorial direction––including the keywords we should target, the topics we should cover, the content formats we should produce, etc.
- Proofread all content before being published.
- Manage all content from draft right up until publication, including interviewing, outlining/drafting, writing headlines for blog posts, meta descriptions for SEO, choosing the featured image, etc.
- Draft promotional copy for all new content for social media channels and email marketing as needed.
- Work with a small team of freelance writers to assign new topics and brainstorm new topics that align with our editorial direction.
- Update content and internal linking to maximize search traffic.
- Measure the impact of the content by including its influence on acquisition and conversions.
- Editorial: You’re an exceptional editor and proofreader. You enjoy taking written work from draft form to publication. You love reading, too. In short, you’re probably the person everyone goes to for your opinion before they publish.
- Content marketing: You’re a strong writer. Blog posts, emails, social media promotions––whatever it is you’re skilled in coming up with the right words to promote a message.
- Creative You think outside the box and are not afraid to try an off-the-wall idea that has never been done before. You think of new ways to use data from our product in the content.
- Analytical: You enjoy tying the work that you do to results. From an editorial standpoint, this would mean measuring the overall impact of our content and message. How are Sessions trending? Which pages drive the most Sessions? Who is engaging the most with our content?
- Marketing software knowledge: You have experience with tools like WordPress or HubSpot (for publishing), SEO tools, Google Analytics (for analyzing content performance), Project management (we use Trello) and other technologies necessary for editing and publishing content.
Additional skills needed:
- Exceptional proofreading, editing, and writing skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and maintain consistent communication across team and departments
- Great project management, organizational, and planning skills.
**Please submit at least one writing sample from a content piece you've written that you're particularly proud of.**
Interested? Contact us at email@example.com